Friday, December 16, 2005

Tired of Political Correctness

Hello to all. This is my first time to start a blog and I am very excited about it. Today, I would like to share my thoughts on being politically correct. Who is really behind this movement? I think that it was not developed to help keep from offending anyone, I think it comes from a need to control people. They always preach tolerance and yet they are the least tolerant of anyone who sees things differently than they do. How ironic is that?
I personally am tired of this whole thing. I mean it should be okay to have conservative views about the way things ought to be. Conservative christian oriented Americans are still the majority. Yet the media, especially Hollywood is trying to convince us that the majority of America thinks like they do. It is this political correctness movement that keeps trying to take "In God We Trust" off of our money and prayer out of our public schools; that says we can't have "under God" in our national pledge of allegience.
The original purpose of our founding fathers in setting up separation of church and state was to avoid having a nationally chosen religion that all citizens would be forced to convert to. They did not have a problem with christian morals and ideals influencing government, only a problem with government having an influence on any religion. Why else would they have put "In God We Trust" on all of our money? Just some thoughts for today.

1 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

I get tired of political correctness to CK. ;)

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home