Thursday, March 30, 2006

My thirteen Heroes In My Life

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Things about Joe Norman


(First, let me stress that these are people in my life and of coarse Jesus is my ultimate hero.

1…. My Mom and Dad are together here because they are equal in their influence on me.
They taught me more by the way they lived and live their lives. They have also
always believed in me. They knew I had unusual talent in Music and did all they
could to help me develop my skills. They also believe in me in all areas I
pursue and are proud of me. I am more proud of them and feel truly blessed to
have such great Christian parents. Did they make mistakes? Don't we all?
2 . My sister, Carol. She has taught me so much and always been there for me. Of all
my siblings...other than my twin, Jim, she is the most loving and closest to me.
3 . My brothers Tim and Jim especially and John too.(Once again all together due to
equal influence on me. I will always share a bond with my twin, Jim. He has such
a good heart. My oldest brother, Tex, was influential in my youth. I wish he were
still a part of my life...but sadly, he is not anymore. I pray for him often.
4 . My foster brother Tom. I have learned many life lessons from him as well.
5 . My dear brother in Christ, Kevin Farley. He is such a fine example of a true
friend and Christian.
6 . A woman named Natalie that I met online. She has been one of the truest friends
in this difficult season of my life and I have learned so much from her. She is
also my sister in Christ.
7 . Pat Smithson is another brother in Christ of whom I have learned so much.
8 . Both of my grandmothers taught me so much as well. They were truly the most
loving and tender hearted women...and faithful Christians to the end. I learned
much about benevolence from them. Pansy Crawford and Louise Norman. My
grandmother Crawford was probably my biggest fan. She always wanted to hear me
play the piano and would sit and listen for hours. She also loved to hear me
sing. I carry her with me to this day.
9 . My uncle Charles Crawford was an inspriation to me all my life. He had a period
in his life when he was unfaithful to God. Yet, when his first child, Charlotte,
was born with a hole in her heart...and died at the age of three, He and his wife
turned to God and were faithful again. My uncle was dramatically changed for the
better. He lived his life in total servanthood to Christ every day. Yes, he had
faults, but he did so much good and always tried to help anyone in need. Many
times his good deeds were not known to anyone. He never bragged about what he did
to help anyone. He said he knew Charlotte was with God and he wanted to be there
with her when he died. My uncle died of cancer from asbestos...(he was surounded
by it when he was a boiler tech on an aircraft carrier in the Korean War)in 1996.
He was only in his 60's. I know he is with his child and God now.
10 . My voice teacher Lise Uhl...because she believes in me and encouraged me to
press on and get my degree in Music Ed.
11 . My new friend Marvin. He is a preacher for the church of Christ and has MS. He
can no longer get out of his house and has run an online preaching ministry for
over three years. He refuses to let his disabilities keep him from spreading the
Good News.
12 . My piano teacher in Waco. Dr. Pitts. She only has three fingers on one hand and
two fingers on the other hand...only one foot with no toes(some of her fingers
started out as toes)...and one leg only goes to the knee. She has prosthetics.
In spite of this, she has a PHD in Music and teaches piano and voice. She is
always happy and full of life...always positive and encouraging.(like Polyanna)
13 . My first piano teacher, Mrs Carolyn Jones Campbell. She always believed in me.
She had much more confidence in my musical talent and ability than I ever did.
She pushed me to be the best I could be. I was not always trying my best, but
I loved her for all she did to help me and all I learned from her.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



1 Comments:

Blogger Natalie said...

Nice list. You almost missed TT! :)

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home