Sunday, March 26, 2006

What I have Learned

I have learned that I still have much more living to do and divorce is not the end of the world. I have learned that I need to have a better self image and like who I am. If I don't like who I am, I need to change those things that cause me not to like myself. I have a much deeper understanding of who I am deep in my core and I need to build on that. I remember thinking about something I was told the great artist and sculptor Michelangelo said. Someone asked him how he sculpted such amazing statues. He said that he looks at the stone and removes everything that is not a part of the statue...releasing the image that was hidden inside the stone. I am not sure if he said that in those exact words or even if he said that at all; but when I look at who I want to be and who I am now, I am striving to remove all those things I see in me that are not a part of who I am or who I want to become.

Obviously, because I am a Christian, I want most to be like Jesus. The term Christian actually means "Christ-like". I am a perfectionist in many areas of my life and that is good and bad. I am also way too concerned about what others think about me and whether or not they like me. I have made strides in changing that. I am sure that there are other things that need to be changed, but most of all, I learned that we are all a work in progress and no one other than Jesus will ever be perfect in this life. I want the best for my son and most of all, I want him to live his whole life as a faithful servant of Our Lord and Savior. I also strive to reach out to those I come in contact with and help them find their way to Heaven as well.

Jesus said in Matthew 7:13-14 that the gate is narrow and the way is difficult that leads to eternal life and few will find it. It is sobering to understand that very few will be saved. The road map is the New Testament. The most amazing thing happens when people study God's Word and strive to live by the principles they find there. People become better husbands, better wives, better children...and they produce a better community. The Lord's way is truly the best way to live. Why not give it a try?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home