Thursday, April 20, 2006

Thirteen Places I Have Lived While Growing Up


Thirteen Things about Joe Norman


1…. Farmer's Branch, Texas (I was born at Baylor
9. Medical Center in Dallas. My family
lived in Farmer's Branch at that time. It is a suburb in North Dallas.)
2 . Milwaukie, Wisconson ~ VERY young
3 . Somewhere in Kansas...I can't remember where exactly...give me a break...I was a
toddler at the time.
4 . Springfield, Virginia (I think I was 2 yrs old when we moved here. We stayed
until I got out of kindergarden.)
5 . Denison, Texas (I repeated kindergarden.)
6 . McLean, Virginia (I was in 1st and 2nd grade.)
7 . Grand Prarie, Texas (suburb in between Dallas and Ft.Worth. I was in 3rd grade.)
8 . Lubbock, Texas (I was required to repeat 3rd grade)
9 . El Paso, Texas (I was in 4th grade here)
10 . Garland, Texas (A suburb in North Dallas.I was in 5th grade and half of 6th
grade here)
11 . DeSoto (A suburb in far south Dallas area. Finished second half of 6th grade and
one half of 7th grade)
12 . Richardson, Texas (Another suburb in North Dallas area. I lived here from the
2nd half of 7th grade until I graduated from Highschool.)
13 . Plano, Texas.(A suburb even farther North Dallas area. I lived there for three
years.)

If you want a reason for all the moving, my dad was a preacher for most of those years. I think I got them in the right order and all, but it is pretty confusing.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Bona Fide Bunkum
2. Ginger
3. treasure of jewels
4. daddy's roses
5. a blog 4 chilady
6. carmen
7. integrated ambiguity
8. amy
9. Cozy Reader
10. sonja
11. Feathers



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



17 Comments:

Blogger Chaotic Mom said...

WOW! And I thought my boys had it rough with a military dad and tons of moves!

My T13 is up, too! ;)

4:03 AM  
Blogger Joan said...

Hey, I could do this one, too. I have lived lots of places.

My 13 are posted.

5:47 AM  
Blogger Joan said...

My dad -- and my husband -- were and are preachers; so my reason for so many residences is the same as yours.

5:49 AM  
Blogger Carmen said...

I live in NoVa, so I know a few of those places. :) I want to move to TX!

My list is up
http://carmenhasgonetoplaid.blogspot.com/

7:19 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

It does get hard to remember things in the right order when you move so much -- I can relate to both those things. My TT are up too.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

You have certainly gotten around! I'm married to a minister so I understand. Enjoyed my visit to your blog. My T13 is up, come on by.

8:50 AM  
Blogger amy karp | PHOTOGRAPHY said...

you sure did move a lot - I am Texas...what part are you in now?

Mine are up…..Go check out my T13

9:08 AM  
Blogger lisa said...

Wow - I must be sheltered - I've only lived in 3 places my whole life!


Nice list. Happy TT

10:31 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Wow! You have lived everywhere. My T13 is up.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Thriftin' Gal @ Junk In My Trunk said...

You've moved around alot, geez, we didn't move until I was 19! :)

10:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yep...I have moved alot. From Plano,TX I moved to Lubbock again, back to Garland,Tx,North Dallas TX, joined the Navy in '92 and bootcamp and school was in Great Lakes, IL., then I was stationed in Long Beach, CA, got out of the Navy in '94 and moved to Temple, TX, then Waco, TX, then Reiseil,Tx...a town just outside of Waco, then back to Waco, and now Nacogdoches, TX until I get out of college. Whew!!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Looks like lots of moving!
Wow.

Happy Thursday!
Mine are up.
Diary of the Nello

12:16 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

That's a lot of places lived! You must be a pro at packing and unpacking by now.

My TT is up
http://snaphappymom.blogspot.com

12:49 PM  
Blogger -tnchick- said...

I lived in the same house till I was like 21 and moved to CA from TN but am not back to TN.... we did move a lot tho after that first move... my husband was AD Navy.

My 13 is up.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Master Enigma said...

My Dad was in the army so I understand having to move a lot. I went to 3 differeent high schools.

My own list is up and still unpacking from the last move over at http://akaenigma.blogspot.com/

1:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I live in Texas.
My T T is up

1:26 PM  
Blogger Just Me said...

I pretty much lived in one place s a child but once I married I seemd to be all over the country. I married a junior doctor and he seemed to be changing his job every 6 months or so. I don't regret it but I'm happier now we're settled.

Here's my TT:
http://bellis.blogon.com
Elle xx

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home