Saturday, January 07, 2006

Letterman vs O'Reilly

Letterman and O'Reilly squared off on the Late Show. I read another blog where the writer thought Letterman had good things to say and O'Reilly was just avoiding and redirecting instead of answering the Questions posed by Letterman. I saw the interview and I totally disagree. It is interesting to me how people can see things so differently in the same interview. This person that did not like O'Reilly even said that O'Reilly "rubs him the wrong way". It was obvious to me that this blog-writer already decided that O'Reilly was wrong and an idiot. Having a preconceived idea about someone can really skew a person's perspective.

Letterman had already decided that "at least 60 % of everything O'Reilly says is crap" and he admits that he never watches the O'Reilly Factor. The Blog-writer that doesn't like O'Reilly accused him of making "blanket statements", but I heard none(except from Dave). Dave got his perception of O'Reilly from things he read in papers and heard from others. Forming a negative opinion about someone based on what others tell you rather than really listening to that person and then forming an opinion based on the facts is childish and irresponsible.

I have always liked Dave and thought his was the best nightly talk show since he first began with Late Night. I don't want to dislike Dave. It was hard for me to watch because Dave disappointed me. Bill said that his heart goes out to Cindy Shehan, but thinks she is being used. No one should call these extremists that are blowing up our soldiers freedom fighters though. Not even if that person is Cindy Shehan.

My older brother got to spend a few days on the John F Kennedy Aircraft Carrier during the Christmas break and he was real impressed with those men and women serving on the carrier. He asked them if they thought civilians could support the soldiers and not the war in Iraq and they all said "No". They have done very amazing things to serve our country without complaining, but they need to know that their country is behind them in the War.

2 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

I think they're both weirdos ;)

7:44 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

O'Reilly does make blanket statements. I've listened to his show for several years. I don't watch the tv show, but I'm sure he's not much different on radio than on tv. He tends to be very argumentative & then pretend that he's not. I'm sure this is a personality trait that makes him perfect for his job, though. I like him, generally speaking, but he does make blanket statements if you stop & listen. The thing is, you may not hear them as blanket statements because you agree with them. Things like that usually stand out for those who question or disagree, I believe.

I don't watch the late night shows very often. I find them boring.

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home