Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Starting College again

Well I am finally able to blog again. I just got back to the internet last night. I am now settled in at college and my first week is almost over. I moved into a dorm on Sunday night and after complaining to the housing office Monday morning, they said I could transfer to a furnished apartment. So I spent most of Monday moving out of the dorm I was in and into this apartment.

I am a Music Ed major at Stephen F Austin State University. So far I really enjoy my classes and my teachers. I have things spread out well so that I have plenty of time to study in the afternoon and I can also do work study. I hope to have an on campus job very soon. I am taking piano, voice, choir, Music and children, Educational Psychology, and Speech. The Music and Children class is very fun and at different points in the semester, we will actually work with different age groups of kids. One week it will be toddlers, then Kindergardners, then 1st thru 4th graders. I really like the instructor and I know I will learn much from him.

It really feels good to be back in college. Although it also seems like I am on some alien planet at times. Most of these students seem not much older than my step-daughter. Another new thing for me is that at the community college I attended, I was more of a big fish in a little pond. Now I am a little fish in a Big Pond. this is actually good for me though. I'll try to write every day if it is possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home