Wednesday, February 08, 2006

American Idol

I have been hooked on watching this show for the past two years. I missed the first two seasons, but really enjoy this show. I do not always agree with who they choose to be the winner. I thought Clay was much better than that other guy that won (What was his name?). Now last year, I did agree with the choice they made. Carrie Underwood was more versatile vocally than Bo Bice. I really like Bo and he still got a recording contract, but Carrie was the better choice.
I watch these people audition and am amazed at how many have no talent what so ever and are still convinced that they are geat singers. How does anyone become that dillusional? I heard a guy attempt the song "You Lift Me Up" by Josh Groban and he was not good. There were much worse, but he was not good.
I also get irritated by seeing people like Josh Groban being so successful in the Music industry when I know I can sing much better that him. Those soft ballads are perfect for my voice. Of coarse, my voice is much higher than Josh's. Josh is a baritone and I am a 1st Tenor. I do not have a voice for most pop music partly because of my Operatic training, but there are many songs I can sing quite well. One problem I have right now is that I am not nearly as handsome as Josh Groban and I am also 41 yrs old.
For grins, I have been considering trying out for American Idol. I just want to see how far I could get. I know I can get past the first audition. Yet, my heart really belongs to Opera and American Musicals. We'll see if I gather the courage to try out for American Idol next year. I might wait until I graduate...if at all.

1 Comments:

Blogger kontan said...

Love American Idol! Enjoy!

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home