Tuesday, January 24, 2006

In Faith?

I have had more than one person say to me that "In Faith, there is no right or wrong...it's all about the individual". The people who tell me this think it is wrong of me or anyone to try to convert people to MY religion. We should not force our views on others. They also believe that no one can judge another's belief because it is right for them.

I really disagree with this line of thinking. First of all, I believe what I believe not because it works for me, not because I was raised in it; but because I find no evidence that shows me what I believe is false. In order to be a true Christian you must first have faith that the Bible is the innerrant Word of God. I believe Christianity to be the one true religion because the Bible is unlike any other religious book or any book for that matter. There were over 40 different authors writing over a period of over 2000 years. Yet, it reads like there was one author. There are so many prophecies in the Old Testament that came true either 100's of years later or in the New testament. Many of these prophecies required things to be done by non-believers and they still came true.

There are things that can be found in the Bible that support what Science now knows to be true. In the OT there is a passage that says God sits on the circle of the Earth. Even though many so-called christians believed the Earth to be flat, the Bible shows that it was round. It was never taught that the Earth was flat and sat on the back of a giant Turtle, or Elephant. Nothing can be found that is so obviously contrary to Science. I can provide an in depth study of "Christian Evidences" as to how one can know without a doubt that the Bible IS the Word of God and that Christianity IS the one true religion. I plan on working on a series of lessons on this very thing in my Bible Study web-site and will begin very soon.

http://s14.invisionfree.com/The_Narrow_Way/

This is my link to my Bible Study web-site. One last thought to leave you with. The New Testament says that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. Faith is not some random thoughts and feelings one has about God and Spirituality. The faith that saves is very specific. It can be firmly grounded in the New Testament and agreed upon. What causes all these "denominations" is people wanting to do what pleases them more than they want to do what pleases God. The Bible is our only hope to really unite as ONE faith which is the way Christ designed the church to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home