Monday, July 31, 2006

My Mother

I found out that my mother went to the hospital on Saturday. They found that she had a large tumor in her abdomen. Originally, I was told it was nearly 7 pounds, but then was told it was more like 9 pounds. Either way that is HUGE! At first they thought it was probably not cancer, but after doing a biopsy, they founf that it is cancer...Ovarian cancer. The doctor removed 99% if it, I am told, but they were afraid to get the last bit because they thought it would be fatal to do so. Anyway, she is naturally in much pain, but is improving. The doctor feels confident that they can get rid of the remaining cancer with treatment. I really hope so. She is 73 yrs old, but looks like she is in her late 50's. I wish I could go see her, but am in Summer college classes and can't afford to miss even one day. She is in my thoughts and prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home