Monday, May 29, 2006

Absolute Truth?

It seems that many people today seem to think that there is no absolute truth and it is all subjective. I keep hearing people tell me that this is especially the case in regards to religion. They tell me that no one can really tell someone else that what they believe is wrong and I especially cannot tell someone that if they do not change, they will go to Hell.
My first thought is that anyone who tells me what I can or cannot do in regards to MY beliefs is being just as "judgemental" toward me as I am toward any I disagree with. So apparently, it is only okay for me to believe whatever I want to believe as long as I keep it to myself. Is that what a true Christian should do? Should a true Christian only be concerned about himself and his kids and no one else?
I firmly believe that a person CAN know which religion is the TRUE religion and that it is not at all subjective. I have absolutely no doubt at all that the Bible is the ONLY Word of God and Christianity is the only way for a person to go to Heaven. I do not believe this blindly...or due to some warm feeling inside. I have examined the evidence. I have researched how we got the Bible that we have and there is not any ancient written work that has even a fraction of the copies that the Bible has. There are literally THOUSANDS of copies. I have researched historical evidence that shows the accuracy and reliability of the Bible.
I have even looked at the scientific aspecs of the Bible. There is not one thing that is a proven LAW of Science that the Bible contradicts. For instance, there are passages that indicate that the earth is round. No other ancient religious writing indicated this scientific fact. Many religions thought that the earth was flat and rested on the back of a giant elephant or turtle.
I am not one to be led by unreliable feelings. I require logical rational evidence to convince me of anything. I am not a Christian at this point in my life just because I was raised in it. I started out that way, but as I became an adult, I needed to investigate thoroughly what I was raised with and make it my own. My faith is unshakable and I am not afraid of any silly book or movie that tries to prove Christianity is false. I am not at all unwilling to study other world religions and their teachings, but of the ones I have studied thus far, NONE have held a candle to the Bible. This book is far beyond any book ever written.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pixie said...

AMEN!

The Bible is the only book for me. I think it's good to talk to others about our faith in God; but not bash their individual beliefs. I don't believe in "religion" but I do strongly believe in a "relationship" & that's what we focus on. IMHO, it's all about interpretation & no one's views are better than anothers. I enjoy hearing others views & I take from them what I want. :-)

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home