Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Fourth of July ~ 1776

Every year, I watch a musical called 1776 as part of my celebration of this great nation's birth. If you have never seen it, it is a wonderful musical. Not all the voices are all that good, but overall, the acting and performance is just wonderful. It moves me to tears in a couple of places. Maybe I am oversensitive for a man, but I do cry some.

In this musical, there is a phrase that I just love. Benjamin Franklin says, "Anyone willing to give up some of their freedom for temporary safety deserves neither freedom, nor safety". Another one is: There are two men of worth in this world...those with commitment and those who require commitment. It is a powerful musical and also has good humor in it as well. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys musicals. I hope that all of you enjoyed the holiday and I pray for the soldiers and their families. May they be protected while serving to preserve our freedom and liberate other nations as well. I hope that one day soon, they can return home to be with their families.

1 Comments:

Blogger Natalie said...

I've not ever seen this musical, but will be looking for it.

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home