Sunday, January 22, 2006

good weekend

I had a really good weekend and I am really looking forward to this week in college. I have been practicing and preparing for our section rehearsal in choir tomorrow. We are working on a bach song and I am assisting in leading the rehersal for the Tenor section. I also got quite a bit accomplished this weekend. I have also been asked to help with leading devotional songs on Thursday nights for the college devotionals.

Today, I spent time studying for classes and practicing the piano. I will be extra busy this week because almost every night there is a recital I am required to attend. I have a certain amount of recitals I am required to attend each semester for a grade. My personal opinion is that they only require this to ensure these students will have an audience to perform in front of...which is fine because I want an audience when I perform too.

This friend of mine is going to have a vocal recital tomorrow night and he'll be singing at least two songs that I sang in my final recital at the community college. It is funny (strange) that he will be doing those songs because he has just about finished his Master's in Vocal Performance. I thought he'd have to do more advanced songs...but apparently they are real advanced and that was just how advanced I was in the community college. Oh well...I look forward to seeing what kind of songs I will be asked to learn this semester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home