Thursday, January 19, 2006

a surreal experience

Tonight, I was required to attend a vocal recital. This was a Senior recital of this friend, Stephen. I went to a community college with him in 2001-2002 and he was a year behind me. Now he is soon to be a graduate student and teaching voice part time. He has improved dramatically over the past few years and it was strange for me to be in the audience.

The surreal part is that because the school is short on vocal faculty, I was informed that Stephen will be my voice teacher for this semester. He is still in his early twenties and working toward his Master's in vocal performance. Now he will be teaching me.hmmmmm.....I will also sing in a vocal studio class once a month and get some insight from Dr Berry who is the Department Chair for Fine Arts. I'll write more tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home