Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Thirteen Favorite Big Band Songs




These are just 13 of so many great songs that came from the 1930's,40's and 50's. I just love the music and lyrics are just not nearly as cleverly written as they were then. Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong generation. Don't get me wrong. I love music from today as well, but there is just something special about the music from back then. I hope you all are familiar with these great songs and if you are not, please try to give them a listen...you won't be sorry.

1. I Love You For Sentimental Reasons

2. Moonlight Becomes You

3. It Could Happen To You

4. I Never Knew

5. Smile

6. Mona Lisa

7. Answer Me

8. Mean To Me

9. My Funny Valentine

10.Someone To Watch Over Me

11. What'll I Do

12. When I Fall In Love

13. Too Young

2 Comments:

Blogger Norma said...

A great list. I started humming as soon as I read it!

Thanks for visiting my TT.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

I love a lot of those songs! Great list :)

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home