Monday, November 13, 2006

Decisions


Click on the pic of the comic and you will be able to read it and see it better. I love Calvin and Hobbes. This particular strip was one of my favorites. It is funny and has an important life-lesson in it as well.

Life is full of decisions. We make them every day. Most are not very important, but others can affect our lives in major ways both positive and negative. I look back at my life and see many poor decisions and I regret many of them. But in many ways, all my life experiences have helped to make me who I am today. I am at another point in my life faced with some difficult decisions I need to make in the next month. The decisions I make can have a major effect on my future career and will in turn effect my family. If I make good decisions, the results will be very positive to those closest to me. If my decisions are not good, it can make things much worse for me and those closest to me.

I am praying often to God about these choices before me. This post is mostly to help me really take this moment in my life seriously. The most important decision in life is the decision as to who we will serve. Will we serve God or Sin? In the end, nothing in this world matters in comparrison to that. So I will do my best to make good decisions in regards to my career, and my personal life, but am comforted to know that I live ultimately for God and will be alright in the end. We do not really even know if we have another day and each day is a gift from God. I hope that you all will be blessed as well with these thoughts I am sharing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home